woensdag 21 maart 2012

Golumpki

Door Kay@kayotickitchen

One of my favorite recipes for Golumpki (stuffed cabbage rolls)


Directions:
I use roughly 10 to 12 cabbage leafs. Scald them in boiling water for a about a minute until they’re soft enough to bend but still firm and fresh green.

Chop the rest of the cabbage, a medium onion, half a red bell pepper and garlic.

Sautee it all along with a teaspoon curry powder and a teaspoon ginger root powder. Let the vegetable mixture cool off a bit and add it to one pound ground beef, along with and egg and one teaspoon salt (high blood pressure and a toddler prevent me from overusing salt, some will like to use more than this) and a pinch of pepper.
Mix well and form 10 to 12 rolls. Place a meat roll on top of each cabbage leaf, roll it up and fold the sides underneath.

Put them in a greased oven dish (I use a cast iron one, but then again I always use the cast iron one:) and bake for 40-45 minutes (350/400)
This tastes really well with steamed rice (I personally spike the moist that comes from the cabbage rolls with some sweet soy sauce and pour that over the rice), but since I don’t care for rice I more often serve creamed garlic and parsley mashed potatoes on the side, and that works extremely well.


Verscheen eerder op kayotickitchen.com, 1 augustus 2008

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten